Hardwood and Softwood Lumber from Millwood
In addition to the millions of pallets we manufacture, sort and repair each year, Millwood supplies components and parts to new pallet and crate manufacturers and used pallet repair facilities across the country.
Our capabilities include:
- Sawmill operations: Millwood processes more than 40 million board feet of hardwood and softwood material annually from our sawmills in Apple Creek and Waverly, Ohio as well as Tompkinsville, KY. What's more, Millwood employs lean manufacturing principals in our sawmill operations, including kaizen events that maximize production, reduce waste and deliver continual improvement.
- Hardwood lumber: We manufacture mixed hardwood pallet parts cut to size for specific customer applications. We can deliver in full and mixed truck loads.
- Softwood lumber: Softwood lumber from Millwood is inspected internally and by Timber Products Inspection (http://www.tpinspection.com/), an independent, third party wood products inspection, testing, and consulting company. We work with softwood mills certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (http://www.sfiprogram.org/) whenever warranted by our customers.
- ISPM 15: We can heat treat lumber to meet ISPM 15 export specifications.
- Specialty products: Millwood remanufactures lumber to specific dimensions upon customer request.
- North American lumber sourcing team: Millwood has a team of softwood and hardwood lumber buyers to work with our affiliated mills. If we don't manufacture it, we can source lumber to meet any customer's needs.
- Nationwide shipping capabilities: In addition to Millwood-owned mills, we work with over 100 affiliated pallet and lumber manufacturing facilities located throughout the U.S. Millwood can support our accounts on a nationwide basis.
For more information, please e-mail a Millwood customer service representative, or us or call us at 1-877-891-9663.