Repair Guidelines - Grade 1 GMA
48" x 40" 4-Way Recycled Class 1 Pallet Guidelines
Description – A clean pallet that may have mending plates but no companion stringers.
Pallets will be cleaned (not washed)
Acceptable Bright 1A GMA
- Mixture of bright and gray lumber components
- Tar, grease, bird droppings or sawdust
- Deviation of squareness must not exceed 1"
Stringers will be solid
- Solid stringers or repaired with mending plates
- Less than 1 ¼" thick
- Companion stringers or blocks (plugs)
- Splits must not exceed 2" x width of stringer
No Mending Plates
No Companion Plugs
No Stringer Less Than 1 ¼" Width
Deckboards will be minimum 9/16" thickness (top & bottom) deck
- Varied deckboard widths with a maximum 4" spacing between interior boards
- Bottom deck – nominal 6" or 4" leads, with three 4" or two nominal 6" interior boards
- Splits will not exceed ¾ full length
- Full length of board must be secured
- Lead edge chips must not exceed 1" x 10"
- Maximum ½" missing surface full length, top and bottom interior boards
- Excessive splits or missing lumber
Acceptable Lead Edge
No Cracked Deckboards Across More Than Widths
- Nails heads raised above the deck surface, protruding nails out the side of the stringers, free-standing nails
No Free-standing Nails
No Protruding Nails
No Raised Nails
For more information, please e-mail a Millwood customer service representative, or us or call us at 1-877-891-9663.