Repair Guidelines - Grade 1A GMA
48" x 40" 4-Way Recycled Class 1A Pallet Guidelines
Description – A clean pallet that has been used only a few times. There is little if any repairs to the pallet. The pallet will have no mending plates or companion stringers.
Pallets will be cleaned (not washed)
Acceptable Bright 1A GMA
- Minimum 60% Bright –Maximum 40% Gray
- Tar, grease, bird droppings, sawdust or painted stringers
- Deviation of squareness must not exceed 1"
Stringers will be solid
- Mending plates on stringers
- Less than 1 ¼" thick
- Companion stringers or blocks (plugs)
No Mending Plates
No Companion Plugs
No Stringer Less Than 1 ¼" Width
Deckboards will be minimum 9/16" thickness (top & bottom) deck
- Varied widths with a maximum of 3 ½" gaps. May have a combination of nominal 6" and 4" board widths.
- Bottom configuration –lead boards are nominal 6" width with either three middle nominal 4" or two nominal 6" boards
- Splits will not exceed ½ the width or ½ the length
- Top & Bottom deck lead boards missing 1" x 10" on the edge
- Full length of board must be secured
- Interior boards maximum ½" missing surface full length
- Excessive splits or missing lumber
Acceptable Lead Edge
No Cracked Deckboards Across More Than Widths
- Nails heads raised above the deck surface, protruding nails out the side of the stringers, free-standing nails
No Free-standing Nails
No Protruding Nails
No Raised Nails
For more information, please e-mail a Millwood customer service representative, or us or call us at 1-877-891-9663.