Repair Guidelines - Grade 2 GMA
48" x 40" 4-Way Recycled Class 2 Pallet Guidelines
Description – This is a pallet that has had stringer damage that has been repaired by attaching a companion stringer (plug) along side the damaged one. The standard Class 2 pallet generally has repaired stringers. The deckboard configuration is not always consistent since the pallet has been repaired several times.
Pallets will be cleaned (not washed)
Acceptable Bright 1A GMA
- Bright and gray lumber mixed
- Loose debris
- Deviation of squareness must not exceed 1"
Stringers will be solid
- Solid stringers or repaired with mending plates and companion stringers (plugs)
- Less than 1 ¼" thick
- Splits must not ½ the height or width or ½ the length of the stringer
Acceptable Mending Plates and Companion Stringers (Plugs)
No Cracked Stringers or Less Than 1 ¼" Width
Deckboard thickness will vary (top & bottom) deck within generally accepted industry tolerance
- Varied deckboard widths on top deck with a maximum 4" spacing
- Bottom deck nominal 4" leads minimum, with three 4" or two nominal 6" interior boards
- Full length of board must be secured
- Lead edge chips must not exceed 2" x 10"
- Maximum ½" missing surface full length, top and bottom lead-edge boards
- Splits must not exceed ¾ width or more than ½ the length
No Cracked Deckboards Across More Than Widths
- Nails heads raised above the deck surface, protruding nails out the side of the stringers, free-standing nails
No Free-standing Nails
No Protruding Nails
No Raised Nails
For more information, please e-mail a Millwood customer service representative, or us or call us at 1-877-891-9663.